1. mix with a wire whisk and let stand for 15 minutes to activate the yeast
2. add 4 cups of whole wheat flour one cup at a time mixing thoroughly between cups.
3. add around 2-3 cups of all purpose flour one cup at a time mixing thoroughly between cups until dough is solid but not sticky or super dense.
4. turn dough onto a floured countertop and knead until smooth and springy, adding flour as needed.
5. cover with a towel and let rise for 40-60 minutes.
6. form loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
7. cover and let rise for 10-20 minutes.
8. bake at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
yields 4 loaves